[sword-devel] Fresh meat available!

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 13:43:11 -0700

Welcome to the list, Skip.

I've been wanting to make a commentary module from your Calvin's
Commentary work for the longest time, but it's going to be pretty
difficult to specify which blocks correspond to which verses in some
cases.

> What project?
> What are the SWFilters written in? I've had to delve into the
> RTF syntax rather heavily in order to generate inline
> footnotes for the Calvin project. I have limited C++
> exposure, but several years of working with Perl, and about
> 20 years of writing C code. I might be a candidate for
> implementing the compression classes, since they have already
> been designed. I'm willing to learn, and would willingly take
> on any project you might assign. I hope to complete many of
> them over the next few years.

Ignore the TODO list on CrossWire. :)  All that stuff is either
completed or no longer necessary.

Check the Task List and the Bug & Feature Request trackers on the
sourceforge project page: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sword.
Or see the list archive
(http://www.mail-archive.com/sword-devel@crosswire.org/) for a short
discussion of some of these tasks.

Or you could look into doing some of the general book stuff that I think
Troy propsed to you.

You can also come by #sword on irc.openprojects.net to chat about
development stuff.  There are frequently one or two of us in there.

--Chris