Space Woes (was Re: [sword-devel] Diatheke)

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:04:18 -0700

>   That does seem to help, thank-you! Unfortunately, I seem to
> have a new
> problem - the compile failed since the source directory
> inflated beyond my
> user quota. :-(
>   For the purpose of making Diatheke, can I remove some of
> the directories
> from the SWORD codebase before compiling (i.e. the GUI
> clients), or will that
> cause a problem with the Makefiles? I think if I trimmed away
> the size of the
> SWORD source, maybe I could get Diatheke compiled within my space.

Yes, you could delete all subdirectories of $SWORD_HOME/apps besides the
console directory.  Also, once libsword.a (or .so) is built, you can
delete the $SWORD_HOME/src directory itself.

>   Oh, it is worth noting that compiling Diatheke works
> without a hitch on my
> SuSE 7.1 system, but it seems that RedHat 6.2 had a different
> glibc than SuSE
> 7.1 (I get a " error in loading shared libraries:
> libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3:
> cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"
> error when trying
> to run the SuSE binary on the web server).

DLL Hell: not just for Windows any more.

--Chris