Space Woes (was Re: [sword-devel] Diatheke)

Timothy R. Butler sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 16:04:42 -0500

Hi Tero
> Here's a message I posted a while back, when I got similar compile time
> errors. Hope it helps.

  That does seem to help, thank-you! Unfortunately, I seem to have a new
problem - the compile failed since the source directory inflated beyond my
user quota. :-(
  For the purpose of making Diatheke, can I remove some of the directories
from the SWORD codebase before compiling (i.e. the GUI clients), or will that
cause a problem with the Makefiles? I think if I trimmed away the size of the
SWORD source, maybe I could get Diatheke compiled within my space.

  Oh, it is worth noting that compiling Diatheke works without a hitch on my
SuSE 7.1 system, but it seems that RedHat 6.2 had a different glibc than SuSE
7.1 (I get a " error in loading shared libraries: libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3:
cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" error when trying
to run the SuSE binary on the web server).

  Thanks,
       Tim

Timothy R. Butler  | Universal Networks |  http://www.uninet.info
tbutler@uninetsolutions.com           ICQ: 12495932 AIM: Uninettm