[sword-devel] #INCLUDE

Tue, 22 May 2001 02:38:52 -0700

David,
	I'm looking forward to merging all your goodies in with the repository!

Some comments:

	Not sure about the #include issue.  It is my impression that #include
"file" looks for file in the SAME directory as the cpp file, whereas
#include <file> searches the entire include path.  Not sure if it
working in borland is their own extension.  I'll try under unix and let
ya know.  Someone should probably refer the ANSI spec.

RE. CVS.  CVS is usually smart about merging.   When you do a 'cvs
update -d' you should get all the lastest stuff (including the creation
of any new directories (-d)) merged into your current files.  If CVS
cannot merge due to a significant change to the same file, it will
include both chunkes of code separated by <<<<<<<< your stuff ----------
my stuff >>>>>>>>> which will obviously make the compiler choke.

When you're all done, the easiest thing to do would be to make sure you
have the lastest CVS merged (per the above command), then run: cvs diff
-u > patchFile  This will produce a unified diff of your changes against
the current CVS tree and I can apply this patch file to the tree with a
command like:
patch -p0 < patchFile

I realize these are unix commands, but I would think wincvs will have
these same options somehow.  But if not, you could always use cygwin,
check out a clean copy of the tree and run:
diff -Pru sword.clean sword > patchFile

Hope this helps, THANK YOU!

	-Troy.