[sword-devel] #INCLUDE

David Trotz (Integrity Online) sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 May 2001 16:27:23 -0700

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C0E212.EA21DB70

I changed all of the #INCLUDE directives for the sword lib this weekend. =
It went well and now I can view all of the classes in the class explorer =
in Borland C++ Builder. But I quickly realized this morning that merging =
only changed files from the CVS will prove to be a bit more effort. It =
would be like a dog chasing his own tail. Because WinMerge will show all =
files as different since all of my cpp files are different. So it means =
I must watch the CVS when it updates so I can run the diff on those =
files that are truly different. What I would like to propose is:

1) We change the source on the CVS to reflect this change. Changes would =
be to files in the Sword Lib as follows. In each cpp file(MyFile.cpp) =
the #INCLUDE statement should be changed to read #INCLUDE "myfile.h" =
rather than #INCLUDE <myfile.h> . I could be wrong, and tell me if I am, =
but I don't think this will break anything. Since I noticed a couple =
source files are already like this. My files are avaiable if you want =
them or you can change it yourself.

2) Future files should follow this standard so that Borland C++ users =
can view the new classes and functions in these files.

When it isn't this way as I pointed out last week the Class Explorer =
doesn't work and neither does the handy Code Insight Feature. Call me =
lazy but I love to be able to know immediately what functions and =
propertys I have available for any object. Hey what can I say I am a GUI =
guy. :)

Anyone have any comments? Can someone with the authority to do this =
please respond either way, or make a suggestion? Thanks in advance.
In Christ,
David

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C0E212.EA21DB70

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I changed all of the #INCLUDE =
directives for the=20
sword lib this weekend. It went well and now I can view all of the =
classes in=20
the class explorer in Borland C++ Builder. But I quickly realized this =
morning=20
that merging only changed files from the CVS will prove to be a bit more =
effort.=20
It would be like a dog chasing his own tail. Because WinMerge will show =
all=20
files as different since all of my cpp files are different. So it means =
I must=20
watch the CVS when it updates so I can run the diff on those files that =
are=20
truly different. What I would like to propose is:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>1) We change the source on the CVS to =
reflect this=20
change.</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2> Changes would be to files in =
the Sword=20
Lib as follows. In each cpp file(MyFile.cpp) the #INCLUDE statement =
should be=20
changed to read #INCLUDE "myfile.h"&nbsp;rather than&nbsp;#INCLUDE=20
&lt;myfile.h&gt; . I could be wrong, and tell me if I am, but I don't =
think this=20
will break anything. Since I noticed a couple source files are already =
like=20
this. My files are avaiable if you want them or you can change it=20
yourself.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>2) Future files should follow this =
standard so that=20
Borland C++ users can view the new classes and functions in these=20
files.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When it isn't this way as I pointed out =
last week=20
the Class Explorer doesn't work and neither does the handy Code Insight =
Feature.=20
Call me lazy but I love to be able to know immediately what functions =
and=20
propertys I have available for any object. Hey what can I say I am a GUI =
guy.=20
:)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Anyone have any comments? Can someone =
with the=20
authority to do this please respond either way, or make a=20
suggestion?&nbsp;Thanks in advance.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>In Christ,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>David</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C0E212.EA21DB70--