[sword-devel] some more new Bible modules

Kairos Pergamum sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 21 May 2001 10:17:44 -0500

I agree with Paul. I don't believe that the question of translation can be
addressed with a simple thumbs-up or thumbs-down label. Besides, who would
have the authority to do the labeling and by what process would the
determination be made? I like the disclaimer statement Paul suggested. I
make a motion that we adopt it. Do I hear a second? :-)

Don A. Elbourne Jr.
http://elbourne.org

Uhhh... I guess I'll actually do something then.. lol. I'll second that (not
that I do much else around here) I like the disclaimer idea because it gives
believers the full range of options and choices without "condemning" the
developers for "using or not using" "this or that" translation. It's as I've
always said on the whole translation issue.. the Holy Spirit is in charge of
guarding, guiding and teaching. If one truly seeks the God with their whole
heart and the Holy Spirit wills it then they will understand what God needs
them to regardless of the wording in the Bible. If they're truly seeking
with all they are and are using an improper or bad translation then God will
motivate them to a better one. We're here to get God's word out to the
masses in as many valid formats as possible to reach ass many cultures,
education-levels and social brackets as possible. Let them choose what they
want to read... then judge the effectiveness of the translation by the
fruits of those that follow it and how they apply it in their lives.

In Christ Jesus,
Skip