[sword-devel] SWConfig or TRegistry

David Trotz Jr sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 14 May 2001 11:57:14 -0400 (EDT)

Troy,
Thanks for the reply. I spent some time playing around with the project this weekend. I had a lot of fun and I believe I can get the changes to you in a few of weeks. The next two weeks are school finals for me so I won't be doing much. It looks pretty straight forward. I also want to try to get the changes to the fonts appear on screen once the preferences dialog box is closed. I looked into that too and that looks like a bit more work, but I want to give it a shot. Thanks for letting me be involved.
In Christ,
David Trotz

------Original Message------
From: "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe@crosswire.org>
To: sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sent: May 13, 2001 5:09:47 AM GMT
Subject: Re: [sword-devel] SWConfig or TRegistry

yeah,
	SWConfig is pretty straight forward.

SWConfig conf("myfile.conf");
conf["Section"]["Item"] = "Value";
conf.Save();

this will create/edit a file called myfile.conf
and add/change an "Item" and set it to "Value", e.g.

[Section]
Item=Value

You can read this value just the same:

SWConfig conf("myfile.conf");
cout << conf["Section"]["Item"] << "\n";

Thanks for asking.  There are already to files that we are using in the
win32 GUI: layout.conf and options.conf

	-Troy.

> dtrotzjr@arilion.com wrote:
>
> Troy
> I notice that settings are being stored using the SWConfig
> class rather than using the built in Registry tools that Borland comes
> with. Should I use SWConfig instead of the Windows Registry? No big
> deal to me I just want to be consistent with what you are doing.
> David

FREE Personalized Email at Mail.com