[sword-devel] WIN32 test

Stephen Denne sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 23:42:43 +1300

InstallMgr was a bit more of a challenge ;-)

This operated very well through my LRP router. I downloaded two texts (AKJV & RNKJV), and two dictionaries, and they installed
without any problems. I didn't test local install.

Quick aside : AKJV Version's About text refers to http://www.inspiredidea.com/akj/akj.htm which doesn't seem to exist. This looks
like it is supposed to be http://www.inspiredidea.com/akj.htm

I didn't get it to crash, but I did find a bug... (Other than the gray area behind the image not redrawing correctly - which I've
pointed out before)

If the left hand side is reduced in size to nothing, and the window is then maximised, the left hand size can no longer be enlarged
again.

Also unusual is that my PC seems to take longer (i.e. 1/2 sec instead of 1/20 sec) to expand the installed lists if the window is
maximised, unless you expand them by pressing *

Are apps/windoze/CBuilder5/BibleCS and InstallMgr the directories to start looking in if I want to see if I can narrow down any bugs
in the Windows front end / InstallMgr?

Stephen.