[sword-devel] Added new function to the Sword library: SWMgr::Version()

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 18 Jun 2001 21:29:10 +0200

> "1.51a" wouldn't be a float either.  We can make the change so long as
> we promise never to use letters or minor versions greater than 9.  But I
> would suggest this be done in the library somehow rather than in the
> MinimumVersion tag.  "1.5.2" and "1.5.1a" are the versions of the
> library, and the tag should accurately represent this.  If you want do
> drop the last '.' in the string interally, that should be okay.
> Alternately, we could make a version struct with distinct
> major/minor/build numbers.

Alternative suggestion:
-provide a char* version() returning whatever you like
-provide a bool compareVersionStrings(char* version1, char* version2)
The SWMgr version can then be compared against the value in the .conf file.

Sword can handle the version computing internally.

Martin