[sword-devel] beta 1.5.2 WIN32 binary available

David Trotz (Integrity Online) sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 14 Jun 2001 21:15:13 -0700

I have noticed that in the latest Beta that the Chineese(UTF8) and Greek
(LXXM) fonts work on two boxes at my office. At home however I cannot get
the Chineese to show up at all, but the Greek does. Both machines are
Windows NT with Internet Explorer 5.5 and w/ the additional Chineese fonts
installed.
Now the build I have been working on can show Chineese on my home machine
only if I specifically choose a font that has Chineese lettering in it
(remember I am working on allowing the user to change the fonts of the
texts). The Arial Unicode, works nicely, the CODE2000 font is missing some
characters in UTF8, and MS Hei works too, although not as nice of a
rendering. Greek (LXXM) always works regardless of the font I choose. I
cannot figure out why Chineese fonts will map to a unicode font on my work
machines but not on my home machines. Can anyone tell me what could be
different. How does it find the correct Unicode font without choosing it
explicitly?
In Christ,
David Trotz