[sword-devel] Different distributions

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 14:30:14 +0200

Hi!
This is Joachim from the BibleTime developers. At the moment I'm working on
the autoconf stuff to find out automatically the type of the distrbution and
the version of it. We have it already working for SuSE, Red Hat, Mandrake and
Debian.
The distribution is used for the proper generation of the RPM spec file.

Is here somebody on the mailing-lists using another distribution (e.g.
Slackware, Progeny, TurboLinux etc.) than the ones mentioned above?
If you do so, would you please so kind to send your distribution name,
version and the file  which holds the information about this if there's any
(on Red Hat this is /etc/redhat-release, on Mandrake it's
/etc/mandrake-release, on SuSE it's /etc/SuSE-release, on Debian it's
/etc/debian_version etc)?
If your distribution ships KDE2 by default would you please send us the
directory where KDE2 applications are installed?

Thank you for your support with this problem!
Joachim