[sword-devel] Separating Languages

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:37:57 -0700

> As the number of text
> modules increases I believe the list of texts becomes tedious
> to scroll through for any  user.

Agreed.

> If there was UNLIMITED server space I suppose an ISO could be
> made for each major language group.

There aren't enough texts in any language other than English to warrant
a whole CD, IMO.  But I think it would be reasonable to do English,
non-English European (possibly split into Eastern & Western), Asian,
Original Language, etc.  Or something similar.  Or maybe really small
CDs for German, Spanish, French, etc. would make sense.

There are 7.8 GB free on the server right now.  I'll happily donate a
big new drive to add if it's possible for Troy to get to the box and if
it's felt that the current drive isn't going to be suffient in the
future.

--Chris