[sword-devel] How to write a good bug report

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:27:38 -0700

> Here are some Q&As from the FAQ page. Let me know if these
> are up to date
> and if anyone would like some others added. Also, are there
> any other URLs
> that should be published? I have links to some of the
> non-Windows things,
> but probably not all.

Front-ends:
http://gnomesword.sourceforge.net/
http://www.bibletime.de
http://sourceforge.net/projects/irenaeus/
http://www.crosswire.org/sword/diatheke

And maybe the web interface at http://www.crosswire.org/sword/bible

> Q. Why do the characters in some modules not look correct?
> A. That module may need a special font.

This might change a bit.  We've only got 2 Bibles requiring special
fonts now: IGNT and Ketchi.  I should have those changed to UTF-8
shortly.  Then I'll work on all the commentaries that have embedded
Greek or Hebrew.

Generally, there will only be one font that anyone should need, and
that's Code 2000.  So you could include a link for that:
http://home.att.net/~jameskass/.

Aside from that, we may wish to cover issues of why people are getting
boxes instead of characters on '95 & NT once we figure that out. :)

--Chris