[sword-devel] How to write a good bug report

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 09 Jul 2001 15:57:01 -0700

At 04:59 PM 7/8/2001 -0700, Chris Little wrote:
><http://www.crosswire.org/sword/bugs/>http://www.crosswire.org/sword/bugs/
>hasn’t been used in a while, from the looks of it.  SourceForge’s
>tracker should be much easier to maintain anyway.

Thanks, I will delete the old URL.

Here are some Q&As from the FAQ page. Let me know if these are up to date
and if anyone would like some others added. Also, are there any other URLs
that should be published? I have links to some of the non-Windows things,
but probably not all.

Q. Why am I unable to display anything in the Bible, Commentary, or
Dictionary windows?
A. You need at least one Bible module installed before there will be
anything in the Bible window. Likewise for the other windows you need
commentary and dictionary modules installed. Modules can be ordered on CD
or downloaded from http://www.crosswire.org/sword/.

Q. Why is the module I download not displaying correctly and is unreadable?
A. The module is probably locked. Locked modules need a key before they can
be read.

Q. Why do the characters in some modules not look correct?
A. That module may need a special font.

Q. I get the error, "Warning: TZ environment variable not found, cannot use
UTC times!!"
A. Ignore that error. It does not effect the installation of the module.

Q. I downloaded a module but it will not install.
A. You may have downloaded a wrong version of that module for your
operating system, or there may have been an error while downloading.

Q. Why are some verses in some Bible modules numbered wrong?
A. Some Bible translations use different verse numbering systems. This
creates problems when trying to use a Bible module that uses one system and
a commentary that uses another. To make modules work together some may have
been converted to another system. If you believe a verse is not numbered
correctly, check it against a printed copy and against the KJV/AV, if it
does not match one of those, please report the problem.

Jerry