[sword-devel] modules for debian

Daniel Glassey sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 29 Jan 2001 15:29:00 -0000

I'm trying to sort out exactly which modules would be considered as
core and would be necessary for a base install of sword. Not every
module can be in Debian, just a few, so we need to decide which
ones.

These are my thoughts:
Personal commentary - so you can write notes (~40k)
1 commentary - Matthew Henry Concise (~1.4MB)
KJV - it's standard (~2.2MB, less without Strongs ref.)
1 more modern translation - WEB (~1.4MB)
Strongs references - Standard greek and Hebrew references
(~800k)
Dictionary - Eastons or Naves or both (~1MB and ~700k)

There's also a copyright issue. I assume the KJV with Strongs can't
be included because the Strongs formatting is copyrighted by Larry
Pierce. Is there an alternative version?

Because there's already a couple of other programs that have the
KJV it might not be allowed in anyway though.

Daniel