[sword-devel] WinCE update

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 13:26:22 -0800

I've passed the first hurdle to compiling SWORD for WinCE.  STL is working
with the use of STLport.  Many of our source files now compile in eVC++.
The problem I'm currently addressing is the lack of many basic C/C++
functions & constants in the WinCE SDK.  File access and SystemV descended
functions & constants in particular are absent.  It's rather disappointing
to see, because I had been of the impression that WinCE was a real OS (at
least in the same sense as Win95 is) and not a toy OS.  My first course of
action will be to add headers from VC++'s Win32 SDK to the build, then to
port around functions that truly don't exist for CE.

Still, with the STL issues apparently worked out, I am hopeful.

--Chris