[sword-devel] OT: can you be a Christian evolutionist?

John Gardner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 09:13:57 -0800

A Christian loves the truth but can be ignorant.  When he sees the truth he
will embrace it.  So while I believe a person can be converted still
believing in evolution that when confronted with the truth he will embrace
the truth.

One of the very most foundational aspects of Christianity is that we are
created by God.  He owns us.

Besides, evolution is SO unscientific.  They don't have ONE good example of
anything that has evolved (become more complex).

The "survival of the fittest" is NOT evolution.  The former is
"speciallization" and becomes genetically LESS complex and more specialized
while evolution indicates things get more complex and better - which is
violation of physical law."  No matter how often or how long or violently
you shake a bucket of bolts you'll NEVER get a car!

Good discussion!

Christianit
y/Topics/Origins_and_Creation/

A site which sets out to refute specific pro-evolutionary anti-creationist
documents (and with regular ``showstopper'' success) is:

    http://www.trueorigins.org/

You can also search for key phrases like ``intelligent design'' which is not
creationism per se but does explode conventional evolutionary concepts quite
satisfyingly.

This is not completely OT because integrating a creationist (and
necessarilyanti-evolutionist) commentary module into Sword's collection is a
fabulous idea. As is a resolving-apparent-contradictions module.

Cheers; Leon