[sword-devel] Forums

Barry Drake sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 12:38:46 +0100

Hi ......

Can I add my thoughts to those who would like forums around the
project?  My personal preference is for e-mail lists - is that the intended
form for these suggested forums?

I would quite enjoy contributing to one which is for discussion about
versions that we have, or intend to have.  It would be open to thoughts on
bias, appropriateness of translation etc.  The moderator of that list would
need to keep it broad, and allow a range of differing viewpoints, but
overall, it would be useful in allowing a compilation of views to be
appended to each module as a user guide.

Something along the lines that "some readers, especially those having a
troglodyte background feel that the word 'Wine' is inappropriate here, and
would like to see the word 'juice of the grape', whilst others ......  " etc
etc.

Maybe this is me, just enjoying discussion across a very broad band.

I think we could cope with it - after all, none of us have actually said
things like "The Apocrypha is the work of Satan: we must never allow
those filthy deutero-canonical texts to sully our work".  I think we all
regard ourselves to a more or less extent as students of the Bible,
simply wanting to learn more about God and His Kingdom thereby.

Regards,

Barry

>From Barry Drake (The Revd - minister of Arnold United Reformed Church,
Nottingham - see http://www.arnold-urc.supanet.com for our church homepages).