[sword-devel] PR

James Gross sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 15:31:03

>Another idea... Does anyone else think we should add discussion forums
>to the new website?  They would alleviate a lot of the traffic on the
>support list and would allow us to quit repeatedly answering the same
>questions by allowing users to read previous responses.  And users could
>help each other, give suggestions for use, and generally create a
>community that will encourage their interest in SWORD.  Our developer
>community is great, but we're pretty much leaving our users out in the
>cold when it comes to this.  My suggestion for forum software is phpBB
>(www.phpbb.org) but I haven't investigated the options that thorougly.
>
>--Chris

I would like to weigh in on the forum discussion.  I like the idea of having
a forum for us (users of the project) to use.  I have found that creating a
community around a website or software package helps to promote it's
adoption and foster a sense of belonging.  This will provide obvious
benefits.

Just my two cents.

Jim