sourceforge (was Re: [sword-devel] proposals)

Martin Gruner sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 14:37:56 +0200

> > Why not add the Sword web site as a seperate project on Sourceforge?
>
> It's already there: <http://sourceforge.net/projects/sword>.  Christ puts
> some stuff there every now and then.

I guess you misunderstood each other.
What we have on the sourceforge site is just enough to represent the sword
project there. It is (afaik) not used for development.
And the "sword website project" does not have a representation!

If you'd want to have it being managed there it should be a subproject of the
sword project on sourceforge. There yould be a cvs tree and nice management
features.
I'd volunteer to help with the setup of the project, creating a cvs tree,
moving some of the docs (e.g. API primer) there etc.

If you'd want me to help, please add my username (mgruner) to the project
members and give me admin privileges.
Regardless, I really recommend using these great opportunities offered at
sourceforge for free. It makes sharing the work easy. And that is what we
need in future imo.

Martin