[sword-devel] Quick Question

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 21:23:15 -0700

>   I am sorry it has taken so long to respond to your question, here are some notes that >another user compiled concerning making modules for Sword:

cool, thanks!

> vpl2mod only works (at present) when the text file for input has proper
> verse references at the beginning of each line,

This is not entirely accurate.  If to use in the first mode-- no verse
ref prepended-- there must be EXACTLY the number of KJV verses of lines
per file, plus a few extra headers as described below:

MODULE HEADING
OLD TESTAMENT HEADING
GENESIS HEADING
CHAPTER 1 HEADING
In the beginning....

If no heading info is available, at least a blank line must be present.
The above implies you understand that there must be a CHAPTER 2 HEADING,
EXODUS HEADING, NT HEADING, etc.

You can get exactly this by an export with mod2vpl.

> and the entire verse
> contained on one line (Verse-Per-Line).  Permissible verse titles and
> abbreviations can be found in the header file canon.h in the includes
> directory of the Sword source.  The refs will need to be something like:
> Gen 1:1In the beginning ......

I believe there should be a space between 'Gen 1:1' and 'In'

> The executable ought to work with two command line parameters only -
> but it doesn't!

yeah, well, that's fixed :)

> Try vpl2mod [filename] [output-path] 1 and it will work -
> else, you'll get a segmentation error if your compilation works like mine.

Not sure about the rest.  I'll try to remember to look for these issues
next time I try the tool.

	-Troy.