[sword-devel] NEW <Windows Frontend Name?> available

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 14:08:19 -0700

> I see what you mean about the MHC module's formatting problem -
> the biggest problem seems to be treating line feeds in the module as
> though they need to be new lines when displayed.

My fault entirely.  I've been doing all my testing of this stuff with HTML
renderers and occasionally the ThML to HTML filter.  Consequently, it looks
great in HTML, but no where else.  It should be a fairly simple fix to the
filter, which I'll work on this evening.

Ultimately I have a feeling that HTML renderers are the way to go, however.
We'll just have to try to coax Troy into it. :)  For some of the things I
have planned HTML looks like the only way to go.  Specifically, I'm
thinkging of a Sword edition of the Catholic Encyclopedia, which is full of
images.  That might be a ways off though still, because I'm having a bit of
difficulty finishing my RawLD4 class (identical to RawLD, but uses 4-bytes
for article size instead of 2, allowing articles longer than 64k) which will
be necessary for it.

--Chris