[sword-devel] NEW <Windows Frontend Name?> available

Wed, 18 Apr 2001 19:25:42 -0700

> InstallMgr is nice and fast at refreshing now :-)

Thanks, I'd meant to make have 1 download for the entire remote config,
but hadn't gotten around to it until recently.

> Does it still need to create the mods.d directory and the *.conf files? Couldn't it decompress them in memory, and work with them in
> memory rather than saving them?

This would require refreshing from all remote sites every run of
InstallMgr.  I don't think saving is too much overhead.  Maybe we could
save the mods.d.tar.gz file and unzip each time.  That would keep thinks
on the disk a little cleaner, but it would be harder for us to get SWMgr
to use this, as it expects this directory heirarchy on the disk.  Thanks
for the suggestion.

	-Troy.