[sword-devel] JFB Commentary Question

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 14:02:51 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001, Kairos Pergamum wrote:

> I was actually writing because I think I remember a long time ago someone
> mentioning an attempt to get a local (non-web) version of the JFB
> Commentary. Has that been done yet or is the version in the install manager
> list still the web-based one?

Sorry for not replying earlier.  Yes, we have JFB in a local format
now.  The web-based one is in fact removed from the site and replaced with
the local version because we seemed to get nothing but complaints about
it.

It's exactly the same content from the same source, but formed into one
big ThML file.  Since it is ThML, not all front ends can handle it
yet.  BibleTime 1.0b1 does.  And I know Troy has been working on it in
BibleCS, but I don't know the current status.  Because the modules require
front ends with ThML support, the JFB and MHC modules both carry
"category=Preview, use beta software" tags so they don't show up in the
servlet yet.

--Chris