[sword-devel] Compile Error: extern DELPHITHREAD TIdThread* ThreadSelf;

Bruce Ramsland sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:32:19 -0400

I have been getting this error for a couple of weeks
now.  At first I hoped it would go away in subsequent
builds.  However, this morning I downloaded the most
recent version and still get the same error.  I am
using Borland C++ Builder 5.0 which comes with a
Delphi 4.0 compiler.

When using IdNNTP (News Client Component), I get the
following compile error for file IdThread.hpp.

[C++ Error] IdThread.hpp(73): E2141 Declaration syntax error

The declaration causing the error is:
	"extern DELPHITHREAD TIdThread* ThreadSelf;"

Can anyone explain what is going on?

Best Regards,
Bruce Ramsland