[sword-devel] Packaging Sword for Debian, compile problems

Ben Armstrong sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 02:20:32 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> When I make Sword, I get the following errors:
> TTreeNode.cpp: In method `TTreeNode::TTreeNode(TTreeNodes *)':
> TTreeNode.cpp:9: taking the address of a non-static member function
> TTreeNode.cpp:9:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getTex
> t'

To resolve each error like this, I merely inserted 'TTreeNode::' after the
ampersand, just like the error message says (duh!)  So it appears that g++
is just pickier now than it used to be.

> property: In method `class property<TTreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > > & property<TTreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > >::operator =(const property<T
> TreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > > &)':
> TTreeNode.cpp:30:   instantiated from here
> property:27: passing `const property<TTreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > >' as `this' argument of `property<TTreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > >::oper
> ator string()' discards qualifiers

This is the one that really baffles me.  I cannot find string() in the
property templates at all.  So what is this talking about?

> TTreeNodes.h:8: warning: `char * default_xpm[4]' defined but not used

Not too worried about this.  Just a warning.

I had some help from someone better skilled in C++ than myself for a while
this evening, but then, alas, he had to go.

Anyway, again, I need help with this if I'm to go any further with it.

Thanks,
Ben
p.s. Since GnomeSword specifically depends on Sword 1.5.0, I'd just
     like to get that version going.  If this stuff is fixed in CVS,
     that's great. But it seems it would be simpler for me to backport
     necessary patches into 1.5.0 than to try to package what's in CVS.