[sword-devel] Packaging Sword for Debian, compile problems

Ben Armstrong sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 9 Sep 2000 22:46:13 +0000 (GMT)

Hi,

I'm a Debian developer.  I have just announced on the debian-devel mailing
list my intenet to package Sword.  I have, however, run into some problems
compiling the package, which I hope someone can help me with.

I am compiling Sword 1.5.0.  The only thing I have changed in the
Makefile.cfg is the following:

instdir   := /usr/local

I'm starting out compiling/installing the package this way so it won't
conflict with my Debian package, which will install into /usr.

I am using g++ and gcc 2.95.2, glibc 2.1.3, and libstdc++2.10

When I make Sword, I get the following errors:

(pardon the rather long paste ... I don't know how much of this
is really significant)

make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/src/sword/sword-1.5.0/apps/X11/VCL'
gcc -I../../../include/ -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. `gtk-config --cflags` -static -pipe -W
all -Wno-format  -fomit-frame-pointer -ggdb -O0 -m486 -c -o TTreeNode.o TTreeNod
e.cpp
TTreeNode.cpp: In method `TTreeNode::TTreeNode(TTreeNodes *)':
TTreeNode.cpp:9: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:9:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getTex
t'
TTreeNode.cpp:9: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:9:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetTex
t'
TTreeNode.cpp:10: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:10:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getSt
ateIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:10: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:10:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetSt
ateIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:11: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:11:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getIm
ageIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:11: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:11:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetImageIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:12: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:12:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getData'
TTreeNode.cpp:12: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:12:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetData'
TTreeNode.cpp:13: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:13:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::GetParent'
TTreeNode.cpp: In method `TTreeNode::TTreeNode(const TTreeNode &)':
TTreeNode.cpp:21: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:21:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getText'
TTreeNode.cpp:21: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:21:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetText'
TTreeNode.cpp:22: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:22:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getStateIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:22: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:22:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetStateIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:23: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:23:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getImageIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:23: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:23:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetImageIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:24: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:24:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getData'
TTreeNode.cpp:24: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:24:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetData'
TTreeNode.cpp:25: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:25:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::GetParent'
property: In method `class property<TTreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > > & property<TTreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > >::operator =(const property<T
TreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > > &)':
TTreeNode.cpp:30:   instantiated from here
property:27: passing `const property<TTreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > >' as `this' argument of `property<TTreeNode,basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> > >::oper
ator string()' discards qualifiers
TTreeNode.cpp: In method `TTreeNode::TTreeNode(TTreeNodes *, GtkTree *, GtkTreeItem *, basic_string<char,string_char_traits<char>,__default_alloc_template<true,0> >, void * = 0)':
TTreeNode.cpp:36: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:36:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getText'
TTreeNode.cpp:36: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:36:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetText'
TTreeNode.cpp:37: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:37:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getStateIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:37: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:37:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetStateIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:38: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:38:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getImageIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:38: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:38:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetImageIndex'
TTreeNode.cpp:39: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:39:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::getData'
TTreeNode.cpp:39: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:39:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::SetData'
TTreeNode.cpp:40: taking the address of a non-static member function
TTreeNode.cpp:40:   to form a pointer to member function, say `&TTreeNode::GetParent'
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i386-linux/2.95.2/../../../../include/g++-3/stl_map.h: At top level:
TTreeNodes.h:8: warning: `char * default_xpm[4]' defined but not used
make[1]: *** [TTreeNode.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/sword/sword-1.5.0/apps/X11/VCL'
make: *** [apps/X11/VCL/targets] Error 2

If someone could shed some light upon this, I'd be grateful.

Thanks,
Ben