[sword-devel] SWORD features

nuno barreto sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 20 Oct 2000 11:11:48 +0100

Hi brothers,

If I understood it well, the current discussion at this mail list is SWORD features.

What I would like to have in SWORD:
- Possiblity to underline parts of the text.
- Possibility of activating an option where I would see some verses with different colors in the background meaning different subject. For example, all verses about faith in yellow background, and so on.
- Possibility of putting the words of Jesus in red.
- Possibility of, without uninstalling modules, hide some of the modules.
- Possibility of putting several different skins in the program.
- Is it possible to search by strong numbers? If not, I would like to be able to do that. And if it is, I would like to know how.

About the site, I didn't realize there was a contest. he site I made is lousy, and shouldn't be seen like a final version. But I'm not going to improve it because I can't use time in something that might not be accepted. I hope you understand. I tought it was a big need.

For a glimpse of how a final version would be like, imagine the menu made in DHTML(much faster than the one I facked), and the titles at the top being transfered to the text pages and being substituted by a new picture I asked a friend of mine to make. And, of course, all the other things that you might want or see like usefull. I'm waiting for opinions.

Troy, about the portuguese version for the SWORD, how do we stay?

Joachim, I'll send the template in a very short time.

God bless you all.

Nuno Barreto.