[sword-devel] html site

David Burry sword-devel@crosswire.org
Thu, 19 Oct 2000 15:10:36 -0700

Good points.  You're right that is the most confusing part about SWORD, and most of the common everyday users don't care about libraries, APIs and interfaces, source code, etc.

I agree completely that it's best to give windows users (for instance) a way to just have simple windows download links that pertain to them only.  I was an advanced windows user before I became proficient with a Unix system, so I understand the mindset.  No offence taken, you are completely correct!  ;o)  Most windows users deal with windows out of necessity anyway and are not fanatically attached to their UI or OS like many of, ahem, certain others are (Linux, Mac, etc)  <grin>  Pop shots aside, if even dummies can understand it, then even us more advanced people should have less confusion.

I wasn't arguing that we shouldn't have a main page organized like this, only that having a main CrossWire page with simply "sword" on it is a waste.

Dave