[sword-devel] Sword Website

Jason VanScyoc sword-devel@crosswire.org
Mon, 9 Oct 2000 18:13:31 -0400

> I like this look.  My only question on quick examination is what is the
> thing through which the sword is thrust?  Is it merely decorative, or is
it
> supposed to represnt something?  I have no strong feelings one way or the
> other, but if it is supposed to represent something, it is not clear to
me.

I have to agree here.  Symbolism is a thing that causes a lot of division
with Christians.  Even something as simple as the cross ... some think that
Jesus should be on it, and others think that He shouldn't.  For some it even
extends to color ... some people will not attend a church based on the color
of carpet that is in it.  Should we cater to the extreme?  The use of
symbols help people remember things better ... should we use symbols for
this purpose?  Or, should we not use any?  Anyone have any thoughts?