[sword-devel] STEP Reader

Fri, 23 Jun 2000 06:39:00 -0700

Steve,
	Right on!  I'm so excited!  You'll want to look at:

	/sword/src/modules/text/rawtext/rawtext.cpp
and	/sword/src/modules/common/rawverse.cpp

rawtext is really what you need to model, rawverse a utility class used
by other 'raw' drivers to collaborate on some functionality.  Just
extend SWText and create a STEPText or whatever you want to call it--
just like RawText does.  You don't need to make a rawverse abstraction
if you don't want, just put all the functionality right in your new
class.

When you're ready to try it out in the engine, you'll need to edit:

	/sword/src/mgr/swmgr.cpp

to tell it about your new driver (just search for RawText and duplicate
for your class).

If everything compiles, you should be able to register a STEP module by
adding an appropriate .conf file in your mods.d directory, and pull up
any frontend (windoze GUI, BibleTime, cheatah, GnomeSword, etc.) (if
they're dynamically linked, otherwise you will need to relink the
frontend with your newly compiled libsword.[a|so]) and see your module!
:)  Did I say that I'm excited?!

THANK YOU FOR YOUR PERSEVERANCE!

	-Troy.