[sword-devel] STEP Reader

Trandahl, Steve sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 06:04:55 -0700

Praise the Lord!  I am successfully decompressing blocks of STEP text
(thanks to Paul and Troy)!  I still have a lot of work ahead to determine
what blocks to decompress (and when).  However, I thought I should start
looking ahead so I know what the STEP class needs to do.

I am assuming that there is already a Bible reader class for the format that
SWORD is currently using.  I also assume that the STEP class needs to be
interchangeable with it so that SWORD doesn't have to "know" which format a
particular book is in.  Ideally, I would like to be able to run tests in
parallel with the existing class and the new STEP class to verify that they
operate the same as far as the user is concerned.

I would really appreciate it if someone show me what classes (if any) the
STEP class should be descended from and also point me to some documentation
on the current file format(s) and configuration files required.

Thanks!

Steve Trandahl
Cotelligent Philadelphia
 <mailto:Steve.Trandahl@Cotelligent.com> Steve.Trandahl@Cotelligent.com