[sword-devel] Working on a STEP Reader for SWORD

Trevor Jenkins sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 02 Jun 2000 22:41:53 +0100

On Friday, 2 June, 2000 22:20:46, Paul Gear <paulgear@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> "Trandahl, Steve" wrote:
>>
>> I would like to create a module for Sword that would allow it to read books
>> in the STEP format.
>
> ...  There are good specs, though.  CrossWire has a mirror of
> the STEP site, since theirs has been down for a while:
> http://www.crosswire.org/bsisg/.  Start at the 'Info for Software
> Developers' section.

When I looked at the mirror back in February (I think) the documentation
files were there but I could not open them. I tried Word 6 (Wiindows 3.1),
Word 6 (Mac System 7) and Word 95 (WIndows 95). Nothing would open these
.doc files. :-( In case things have changed I'm grabbing fresh copies; if
these work I'll report back. If they work for Steve (Trandahl) then I'll be
interested to know how he got them to display.

Regards, Trevor

British Sign Language is not inarticulate handwaving; it's a living
language. So recognise it now.

--

<>< Re: deemed!