[sword-devel] Greek texts

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 20:27:57 -0700

At 07:22 AM 7/14/2000 -0700, Jeffrey Hoyt wrote:

>Semi-related:  Why is the "Thayer" lexicon no different from the "Strongs
>Greek" lexicon?  When I saw Thayer's was a module, I nearly went ballistic
>with joy.  I was dissapointed to find it wasn't Thayer's after all.

That "Thayer" is no Thayer! It seems to be the same data that was being
passed off as Strong's before people started noticing that "Strong's"
wasn't Strong's. It seems to be the Englishman's Strong's concoction from
the Online Bible, plus a few bugs not in the OLB. (Take a look at word
number one. You will see "2) Christ is the Alpha to indicate that he is the
beginning a". It is missing "nd end.")

It does seem to owe something to Thayer. Where Thayer has a paragraph this
"Thayer" has a phrase which is, or is close to, a word for word quote from
part of Thayer's paragraph.

Jerry