[sword-devel] quick update from the road

Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 09 Jul 2000 23:56:36 -0600

At 08:38 PM 7/7/00 +0000, Troy wrote:
>Had a long talk with Mike Cochran from Wycliffe.  They have been wanting
>to opensource alot of what they do and he wants us to get together in
>Dallas and have our teams collaborate.  He wants 2 things.  a) to use
>what is appropriate of our stuff; b) for us to give their team the
>rundown on how to run an opensource project.

Cool. I'll be in Dallas in January 2001, and I'd be glad to talk with Mike's team about running an open source project, if nobody has done so before then. In the mean time, we are accessible by email and (to a lesser degree) by telephone.

As for what is appropriate for SIL and sister organizations to use from the Sword Project, it seems to me that just adding a module to access SF files (or writing a converter to convert SF to GBF or RAW) would make the whole project pretty useful to some missionaries.

_______

Michael Paul Johnson
mpj@eBible.org    http://ebible.org/mpj