[sword-devel] quick update from the road

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sat, 08 Jul 2000 14:34:01 +1000

"Troy A. Griffitts" wrote:

> We've passed over 500 CDs out here at the festival.  It's going over
> pretty good.  Gave Glen Kaiser a stack.  He just smiled and said.  "You
> probably wouldn't have guessed it, but me and the guy that does C-Stone
> magazine are Linux-heads".  He was all into the project.  I would bet
> JPUSA will be promoting us.

Cool - maybe we could put an MP3 of "In the Year 2000" on the Year 2000
CD?  :-)

> Had a long talk with Mike Cochran from Wycliffe.  They have been wanting
> to opensource alot of what they do and he wants us to get together in
> Dallas and have our teams collaborate.  He wants 2 things.  a) to use
> what is appropriate of our stuff; b) for us to give their team the
> rundown on how to run an opensource project.

Excellent!  It would be unreal if we could get Wycliffe in on the
project and work together.  It would give us access to a lot more
linguistic expertise.

Paul
---------
"He must become greater; i must become less." - John 3:30
http://www.bigfoot.com/~paulgear