[sword-devel] Re: Copyright and STRONGS

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Fri, 07 Jul 2000 23:54:26 -0700

At 08:39 PM 7/7/2000 -0500, Don A. Elbourne Jr. wrote:
>John and all,
>
>You beat me to the question. If this is true then we loose all confidence in
>the online bible texts and they become worthless as resources for what the
>authors originally wrote. I want to read Gill, Calvin, Spurgeon, etc. not
>this guy Larry. (although I'm sure he may have some very worthy things to
>say himself)
>
>Don A. Elbourne Jr.

I think a great thing that could happen is that some people proof the texts
for Sword and certify them clean, complete and PD. One way to proof the
texts is to run it through a text reader. Listen to the text reader while
reading a printed source. Another way is to scan another printed source,
OCR and spell check it, then run one file against another in a document
comparison program.

Jerry