[sword-devel] VCL port

Sat, 15 Jan 2000 22:58:29 -0700

OK,
	I've place the beginnings of the VCL port into CVS.

	InstallMgr is updated (retro'd) to use this library.  The only controls
that are usable at the moment are the TCustomTreeView control and
related components TTreeNode, TTreeNodes, etc.

	The property mechanism has worked well, save a few hard to find bugs
related to copy c-tors that took me hours to track down.  The code from
the WIN32 InstallMgr related to TTree* objects is virtually left
unchanged, save 2 lines that required an additional cast (that will work
fine under the Borland library, so the cast will make its way back to
the WIN32 FE).

	I'm porting VCL functionality as InstallMgr needs it.  Both the source
and installed trees are working-- minus bitmaps in the TTreeNode
object.  This is next, and then the TPageControl.  I think these will be
the remaining tasks that will require the most work.

	Let me know if you get a chance to try it out or want to port some of
the other /* commented out */ functionality in the VCL lib.

	-Troy.