[sword-devel] Problems with Locale

Joachim Ansorg sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 15:45:01 +0000

Troy,

	Things you have to install and compile:

	-Qt 2.2.0beta2
	-kdelibs latest beta
	-BibleTime CVS

If you successfully installed KDE adn QT you should be ready.
Please install QT2 in a different directory than Qt 1.4 (it's not binary
compatible). The libs are generated in QT-SOURCES/lib/

Install KDE2 in a different direcory than KDE1, it's not binary compatible.
e.g. in the directory kdelibs do this:

export QTDIR=<QT-Sources>
export KDEDIR=/usr/ocal/kde2 #where you want to install KDE2
./conffigure --prefix=$KDEDIR <other-options>
make
make install

This should install the KDE2 libraries in /usr/local/kde2

Now compile and install BibleTime.
Read the Installation page on www.bibletime.de and the README ;-)

Do this to configure and compile BibleTime:

export QTDIR=<QT-Sources>
export KDEDIR=/usr/ocal/kde2
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure --with-sworddir=<your SWORD directory if it wasn't detected>
make
make install

You have to show KDE2 applications where the KDEDIR of KDE2 is, it's
different from KDE1.

As user you can se these settings to run KDE1 and KDE2 apps simoultanously:

export KDEDIR=KDE1 directory
export KDEDIRS=KDE2 directory
export KDEHOME=where KDE2's settings are stored

e.g..
export KDEDIR=/opt/kde
export KDEDIRS=/usr/local/lib
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde2

Now run BibleTime with this command:

$KDEDIRS/bin/bibletime, maybe you have t check permissions

Normally configure shows you what's wrong with your system! Hope it works,
--Joachim