[sword-devel] Windows testers feedback needed

Jerry Hastings sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 16 Apr 2000 15:06:34 -0700

At 04:02 PM 4/16/2000 -0500, Dan Bertles wrote:
>Regarding SWORD.CHM:  Using WinNT SP 4.51 and netscape, file opens up in
>browser as gibberish.  Downloaded file and ran it, I got an OCX error.
>Downloaded more recent HHCTRL.OCX and copied into system directory, worked
>fine.
>
>Ran SWORD.CHM in Win95b worked instantly.
>
>Have the same problems with book of Esther.
>
>Dan Bertles

Thanks for the info, Dan. It was good to hear that reinstalling hhctrl.ocx
can make it work. The bad news is that from the reports we are getting it
looks like MS has left the html help system very vulnerable to corruption.
I am beginning to think that html help could be a support nightmare.

Jerry