[sword-devel] GNOME directory for .desktop files

Paul Gear sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 28 Dec 1999 02:44:50 +0000

Joachim Ansorg wrote:

> Hi!
> Perhaps off topic ;-)
>
> How can I get the GNOME directory of a system? Is there a default lcocation or
> a environment varible like $GNOMEDIR (KDE uses KDEDIR) ?
>
> Thanks!

gnome-config.  Here is an excerpt from the usage message:

> Install directories gnome-libs was configured to
>   --prefix  --exec-prefix  --bindir  --sbindir  --libexecdir  --datadir
>   --sysconfdir  --sharedstatedir  --localstatedir  --libdir  --infodir
>   --mandir  --includedir

Of course, it has to be on your path already for it to work, but this will be the
case on nearly every Linux system you encounter anyway.  Those who didn't install
it themselves probably have it in /usr or /usr/local, and the rest know where it
is because they installed it themselves.
--
Paul
---------