[sword-devel] BibleTime hosted by crosswire ?

Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:34:44 -0700

> we were thinkiing about if we should switch to SourceForge.
> Chriss Litte porposed to ask you (Troy) if we could get webspace / CVS/
> mailinglist(s) / etc. on Crosswire.

Joachim,
	Of course.  You are more than welcome to all the services that we have
available.  We do NOT have DNS services, so won't be able to host
bibletime.de, but you may point any hostname to our server:
www.bibletime.de
ftp.bibletime.de
cvs.bibletime.de
mail.bibletime.de

or anything else that you would like.  email me privately with some
names and groups you would like created and I will set up an environment
for you.

We don't allow telnet on the box, only ssh and ftp for administration.
We are currently using version 1 of ssh, but certs have just been
release and we will probably switch to the commercial ssh 2.  I think we
fall under the free use clause.

email me and we'll take care of the details.

> One problem left: SourceForge offered to provide webspace for the domain
> bibletime.de. Is this possible with Crosswire (domainname provided by Tom
> (no on this list) and webspace and the other services provided by Crosswire) ?

Yes, as long as someone else handles your name services.

> This would be great!
>
> This is a general Question, because we're discussing if we should switch to
> SourceForge or to Crosswire.
> I vote for Crosswire ;-)

Let me know what you all decide.  You are more than welcome.  Your
ministry is exactly for what we are here.

	-Troy.