[sword-devel] [Fwd: Dutch Leidse Vertaling]

Tue, 21 Dec 1999 02:39:25 -0700

--------------F7CB67D05ED1AD806EEEDB5E

Date: Sun, 15 Aug 1999 05:27:46 +0000
From: "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe@crosswire.org>
To: cor@onlinebible.org
Subject: Dutch Leidse Vertaling

Gentlemen,

        Please forgive my correspondence in English.

        I want to thank you for your work on:
	Dutch Leidse Vertaling
	Dutch Lutherse Vertaling
	Dutch Statenvertaling

        I am the director of The CrossWire Bible Society.  Our
organization leads OpenSource efforts focused on developing free Bible
software and tools.  Our tools work under a variety of Operating Systems
including Microsoft Windows, Linux/X11, and Web-based interfaces.

        We have recently converted your text to work with our text
retrieval engine and would like to gain your permission to make this
plugin module available to the general public.

        All of our work is available under the GNU General Public
License (GPL).  This means that others may obtain source code and freely
modify and distribute our work as long as any derivative remain free
under the GNU GPL.  THIS DOES NOT MEAN THAT YOUR WORK MUST ALSO BE UNDER
THE GNU GPL.  Only that our software and derivatives thereof remain
under these terms.

        Our organization exists to provide free Bible tools to
individuals as well as Bible societies and other ministries.  If God
might use us to assist your organization in any way to further His
kingdom, please let us know.  Some opportunities in which you may be
interested include: distributing an electronic bundle of your work using
our software for text utilization, or making your text available and
searchable via the World Wide Web using our Web-based interface.

        You may review our organization and our work at the following
link:

                http://www.crosswire.org/sword.html

        Looking forward to your response.  In His service,

                -Troy A. Griffitts
                Director
                CrossWire Bible Society

CrossWire Bible Society