[sword-devel] comments on SWORD from the outside...

Chris Little sword-devel@crosswire.org
Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:13:02 -0800

I found the following on the the Online Bible's user discussion board.
Someone apparently thinks OLB has a superior interface & flexibility.  (I'll
assume they're comparing to the Windows FE.)  I'm a little confused by this
since I can't say that I've ever run into a worse interface than OLB's, but
I thought I'd pass it on that we are getting some mention out there...

--Chris Little

OLB Wishlist
From: Fr. Montgomery
Date: 12/7/99
Time: 5:06:41 PM
Remote Name: 199.174.201.78

Comments
I have noticed that another free bible program (the SWORDProject) has a
couple of free, public-domain (or at least offered as free downloads)
modules that are not available in OLB yet. I believe these would be useful,
at least to me if they were available in OLB. OLB has a superior user
interface and flexibility. In particular, I would like to see OLB modules
for:

1. Brenton's LXX English translation (with Apocrypha) 2. the Douay-Rheims
Version (useful in documenting development of the Bible in English) 3.
Thayer's Greek lexicon (public domain?) 4. B-D-B Hebrew lexicon (public
domain?) 5. International Standard Bible Encyclopedia (public domain?) 6.
the New American Bible (NAB Catholic Version - not public domain)

If not in public domain, I would be willing to pay royalty/licensing fees
for such. What is the possibility of getting such for the OLB? Thanks for
any help, suggestions, etc.