[sword-devel] Copyright Scripture distribution

Michael Paul Johnson sword-devel@crosswire.org
Tue, 07 Dec 1999 07:00:02 -0700

In spite of Pergamum's and Brandon's excellent-sounding points, I have to
agree with George & David with respect to our response to the copyright
mess. Obviously, I would do things differently if I owned Zondervan, but I
don't. I can, however, obey God's commands and still not violate the law of
the land with respect to copyright, at least in the case of English. I
can't think of a single more effective message to Zondervan and other
commercial Bible publishers than creating a FREE modern English translation
to compete with theirs that is better than what they offer. That is just a
side-effect of following the Great Commission, however.

_______

Michael Paul Johnson
mpj@eBible.org    http://ebible.org/mpj