[sword-devel] SUPPORT LISTS

Darwin Gregory sword-devel@crosswire.org
Wed, 1 Dec 1999 15:13:32 -0800 (PST)

--- "Troy A. Griffitts" <scribe@crosswire.org> wrote:
> I would like to propose opening a new list: sword-support
>
> The purpose for the list would be for some of you who have been
> around for a while to join.  I will have all sword-feedback, sword-
> bugs, etc., mail forwarded to the list and we can each have the
> opportunity to reply to the many support messages each day that we
get

As someone who at this point would be more likely to ask questions than
answer them, and hoping to get to the other side as soon as possible, I
think a mailing list would be helpful to me (reading messages as they
flow by).  I would also be willing to participate by helping others as
I become able.

My only concern would be on the volume of e-mails, and whether it would
be a high enough volume to consider using another mechanism.

Also, I haven't noticed a FAQ on the Sword site, so may I volunteer to
start compiling one based on the questions asked and answers provided?
I would of course welcome any input from those who know (by way of your
posted responses or e-mails directly to me).  The FAQ could then be
used in some cases to cut and paste responses, and to post on the web
site and avoid having the questions asked again (in those few cases
where someone looks).  I think something like this is essential
whenever there is a chance of the same question being asked over and
over.  It will help avoid burn-out by those that volunteer their time
to support Sword.

I could even start compiling a FAQ based on any e-mails that you care
to cc me on (you could use a Blind CC)  You are the best one to know
what the FAQ's are, or are likely to be.

=====
... Darwin Gregory

I am a creationist.
You can be too, just check out the facts!