[osis-core] semantics of <divineName>?

Troy A. Griffitts scribe at crosswire.org
Tue Jun 13 20:23:22 MST 2006

The original purpose for this tag is the designate the tetragrammaton in
the text when it has been translated LORD, GOD, or other.  This is a
distinctly marked element in most all translations and we need a tag to
be clearly and intentionally for this purpose.

The example in the guide is wrong.  The schema is correct-- in my opinion.

i.e.  No other type/usages beyond the tetragrammaton.