[osis-core] RE: Monthly OSIS Conference Call

Fri, 19 Mar 2004 14:02:35 -0700

Troy,

I started in the same place you are but Steve made a number good points
that pulled me toward the current form.

The main point is that we are trying to have a single syntax for all of
the various types of works (Bible, Commentary, Sermon, ...).  My
proposal in January was different form for each type of work.  When we
looked at the big picture it seemed to make sense to have the
author/responsible organization followed by the title/name of the work.

For example Sermon.en.TillinghastTodd.SomeTopic.2004.

When it comes to fall back in most cases there is little difference
caused by the order.

Here there is no difference you would fallback to language either way.
Bible.en.ABS.GNT.1980
Bible.en.ABS.CEV.1995

The counter case is here.  You could fall back to an earlier RVR version
NOT by the same organization, but with the currently proposed form you
fall back to language.
Bible.es.ABS.RVR.1960
Bible.es.ABS.RVR.1995

Bible.es.???.RVR.1909