[osis-core] USFM and "x-" on attribute values

Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:40:13 -0700

Jim,

Is it your understanding that in most cases that a qs is an interlude, a
qr is a refrain, and a qc is a doxology?

We cannot change USFM but we can add meaningful type attributes to OSIS
if there is a consistent practice of marking lines of poetry with these
meaning.

We have not been able to get solid answers as to WHY these format
markers are used other than they want a line of poetry to be presented
centered (qc), right justified (qr).

I believe the USFM defines qs as being for "selah".