[osis-core] User manual bug list - 40 titlePage

Mon, 16 Feb 2004 15:55:26 -0800

Todd Tillinghast wrote:

>>40. titlePage not allowed inside osis (and?)
>>Section 8: titlePage is not allowed in the osis element according to
>
> the >schema. Submitted by: Jim Schaad, jimsch@nwlink.com
>
> Resolution:
> This is correct.  If you want to have a <titlePage> for a collection of
> <osisText> elements you need to use an <osisCorpus> element which allows
> for a <titlePage> element as a sibling to <osisText> elements.
>
> Is there a problem with having a <div type="titlePage"> AND a
> <titlePage> element?  Should we indicate that <div type="titlePage">
> should not be used in favor of <titlePage> element?
>
> Todd

Wasn't <titlePage> added as sort of a special case of <div> with
possibly different contents?  Did we intend for titlePage as an osisDivs
value to be deprecated in 2.0 and removed in its successor?

Are there any instances where you would want a title page to occur other
than as the first element within an <osisText>?

--Chris